Consider this post ironic
Consider this post…past due. I’ve skipped on posting a few blogs (sorry!). It’s just that there hasn’t been too much going on that’s super exciting. That isn’t an excuse not to blog, so I thought to myself why not just write about what has been going on in my life: classes, homework, tests. The usual things every college student must face.
You’d think by now I’d have this time management thing all worked out, but as always one class or another likes to test me (and I don’t just mean exams). This semester in particular has been a trial of my time management skills, something that has definitely not been a particularly strong trait of mine. With two online classes this semester, I’ve definitely had to adjust to being more personally responsible, and it’s taught me a thing or two on what to do, and what not to do.
What to do (that’s worked for me anyway):
- Have an agenda, schedule, or calendar handy, and use it!
- Make lists. Like this one. Stick to it!
- You don’t have to do all the work in one sitting (even if it is due the very next day). Small, manageable chunks work just as well.
- Take breaks. Do something you enjoy (like watch an episode of OITNB). When you take a break, work twice as long as the break you took.
- Plan ahead. This has been the biggest one for me so far. I’ve been trying to do assignments and work a few days BEFORE they’re due, and it really takes the pressure off.
- Don’t slack. Just do it.
I think the last one sums it up nicely. When it comes down to it, simply do it. I think as long as the work gets done, it’s better than not doing any work at all. With that being said, put effort, time, and energy into everything that you do, and you’ll see improved results.
Other than that, I’m waiting for the fall weather to roll on in. Even though my calendar says it’s been fall for over a week already, I’m not buying it! Though I did see a pumpkin patch and I couldn’t help but get a little giddy over all the orange!
Now that it’s almost my favorite month and holiday, the weather better catch up!